Monday, May 30, 2005

Yarn Diet Begins.

I spent $100 on yarn last weekend. For no reason, really, other than depression and annoyance. Curiousity too. And so, June begins my first yarn diet.

No yarn until July. No matter what's on sale where, or what looks pretty, or what new projects I get inspired to do. No more yarn.

No more starting projects until I finish the two that have been on my plate for far too long: a pair of socks out of Elann.com's Esprit (originally for Mother's day) and Knitty's Tempting, out of Debbie Bliss Merino Aran in fuschia 602 (originally for my birthday, January 20th).

Pictures tomorrow of both projects. The first sock is nearly done, but doesn't look too good. The sweater, I'm on the second sleeve and almost ready to join them both to the yoke and whathaveyou. I want to finish the socks first, but I'll take it as it comes.

Coming in the mail soon is 4 skeins of Lamb's Pride Worsted in Amethyst and six of Noro Kureyon, both for Lite Brite. Aaaand some laceweight yarn from Handpaintedyarn.com in Paris Night for the Mystery Stole Dealie.

Pictures when that all comes.

And that's why I'm on a yarn diet/deadline this month. It also helps when I have minimal shifts this month, and therefore, lots of time, and little money.

Ta, until tomorrow. God, I hope some yarn comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home