Sunday, April 15, 2007

I killed it dead.

The hot pink Koigu socks? The Cuff That Would Not Die? It's dead now. You might recall a mishap with cats chewing the needles? Well, some stitches ran after that, and did not want to be laddered back up nicely, no matter how hard I tried. And I tried hard, believe me. I tried to save the last two inches of cuff, but they didn't want saving. No, they said, don't pick us up. We're more trouble than it's worth.

So now, the hot pink Koigu sits in a ball, needles shoved unceremoniously through, and waits for a time when it will be something loved and useful and beautiful and hot pink. Another pair of socks, probably, just plain, nothing fancy.

Though I am toying with the idea of going to the newest yarn store in town, due to their massive selection of Koigu, and picking some matching solid colours for a delicious Koigu hot pink and friends argyle. But then I remind myself, YARN PURGE, and it's not to be.

Not yet at least. Not yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home