Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Nice warm tea.

Summer isn't the optimal time for knitting things like, say, tea cosies, but I needed a new one, someone started a knit-along on Ravelry, and a few days later, I went from this:

S6000500

To this:

S6000496

It's my own design, which I can transcribe into human words if anyone wants it. The things I'm most proud of are the snug fit, the braided ribbing, and the picot bind off at the top. If I did it again, I'd space the braids that carried up the length of it, because they squish the diamonds at either side.

S6000505

But I wanted the braids on the length to carry up from the ribbing at the bottom so bad. It's not terrible, but I could have messed around with it some more.

Yes, it's sweltering out and I'm still drinking tea. Weirdo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home