Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Long-Suffering FOs.

I've finished a few things recently that I haven't taken pictures of, either because I was too lazy, or because I wasn't entirely pleased with the final product. So here, dear readers, is the first of a series of grainy bathroom photos:

S6000666

I really should have cleaned that mirror first. Okay, it's not entirely finished. Some ends need to be woven in and I need to block it, but I finally did the edging though! It's taken months because there were a lot of stitches to pick up and I used to hate doing that. It's the Cherry Bomb tank from Big Girl Knits. I doubt I'll be wearing it as a tank, because I'm a slave to layers and love looking like a sexy librarian.

S6000665

I love the waist shaping. It's beautiful. It was the first time I did waist shaping and it does make a huge difference. I'll never not do it. Bust shaping as well. I could have used an extra short row or two, but it fits fine.

And...

S6000674

The Puff-Sleeved Feminine Cardigan from Fitted Knits.

S6000670

If I could knit this again I'd do less decreasing for the sleeves, which wouldn't make them puff-sleeved, but would make them fit better, and I'd have bought more yarn so I could make it longer.

As it was, I needed two extra balls, which really pissed me off. I got gauge with the exact yarn the pattern called for, with the needle size it called for as well. I know everyone knits differently, but there's no reason why I should need two extra balls. Knit Picks was out of my dye lot by the time I figured out I needed more, but thanks to Ravelry, I was able to find another ball in the same dye lot which finished off the sleeves. I had to do the button bands in the odd dye lot. I also decided against buttons because of my expansive chest and love of padded/pointy bras. And after seeing how the bands pulled on even the smallest chest.

It was a fun pattern though, and I'd definitely knit it again with modifications. The yarn is gorgeous, too. Very affordable.

Speaking of sexy librarians and my chest, I just got Naughty Needles. Oh my god. Oh. My god. I immediately cast on the bottoms on the front. My burlesque alter-ego is well pleased, and I suspect my boyfriend will be too. I'm excited to find I have yarn for two of these patterns in my stash already! And I may or may not be spinning some rambouillet with sparkles for something. Okay, I was spinning it before and then last night I thought how cute a sparkled something smutty would look. Besides, it's really soft. It deserves to be something next-to-skin.

And the Tyrolean stocking is done.

S6000675

It doesn't fit my legs. I'm not sure what to do about it; rip it out and knit it on bigger needles like the pattern suggests, block the hell out if it and see if that works, or just keep this one as an objet d'art? It was a fun pattern and very easy to get the hang of, but I don't know if I have the stamina to knit two more.

S6000681

What would you do?

S6000677

1 Comments:

Blogger Marji said...

oh, it's beautiful. The cabling and the stocking itself is just gorgeous.
I have the issue too, large calves, has to do with years of bicycling, they're never going to fit into boots or any 12" or 13" wide stocking.
What you can do is knit a gusset, a wedge, and steek the stocking up the back to insert the wedge, and make it fit.
The second one, you could just incorporate the extra wedge, keeping it the same in pattern, so they match.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home